APHA Student membership provides you with the tools and resources you need to expand your expertise and start a career in public health.
Student membership offers unique benefits including automatic membership in the Student Assembly - the nation's largest student-led public health organization with 8,000+ members. Student members also have access to leadership opportunities and scholarships to attend APHA meetings.
Student membership* also provides all of APHA's core benefits, including:
- APHA Communities, based on interest areas, allow you to expand your expertise and network with public health professionals.
- APHA LEAD - our exclusive online member-only community.
- CareerMart, the #1 job site for public health professionals.
- The Career Development Center offers members a discount on services including resume review, career coaching, reference verification and more.
- APHA's Annual Meeting and Expo is the premier public health event in the world. Members receive substantial registration discounts.
Science and Industry Resources
- The American Journal of Public Health, the leading peer-reviewed monthly journal, contains original public health research, program evaluations and special reports. (Save $20 on membership dues when you choose online-only access to AJPH through the Economy Discount.)
- The Nation's Health, the highest circulated periodical in the field, focuses on public health news from your state legislature to the nation's capital.
- APHA Press, the world's foremost publisher of books and periodicals on public health topics, offers members up to a 30% discount on publications.
Schools and programs of public health, as well as allied professions that work within the public health sector can offer their students a discount student membership option. Learn more!
You are the future of public health. Join APHA today, and together we will create the healthiest nation in one generation.
Join APHA Today or Renew Your Membership!
*Individuals must be enrolled in a degree program. Qualifying student should be taking at least 6 credit hours (undergraduate degree) or 3 credit hours (graduate degree) per semester or comparable credits in a quarter system. Student membership is available for up to six years per degree. Students must provide proof of status to qualify for membership.
Questions? Contact APHA's Membership Department via email or 202-777-2400.
Special member savings